Start your Big Island, Hawaii planning here. In 1-week we found 17 things to do on Hawai’i that make us want to go back for more. Including our new favorite beach.
Henry, Hattie, Erica, and I had a blast on the Island of Hawai’i earlier this year. Here are our favorite 17 Things to Do on the Big Island, Hawaii in road trip format. Come along as we circumnavigate Hawaii to show you everything worth doing with a family or as a couple during your Hawai’i vacation.
We recommend you stay in Kailua-Kona for the best weather, beaches, and things to do around Hawai’i. Kailua-Kona is an ideal launching pad to do most of these activities. The island isn’t as big as one would think. We stayed for 7-days and we are looking forward to going back.
Check out more of our free #BigIsland and #Hawaii itineraries at the link below. All free and all full of fun.
Our Perfect Day in Hilo Itinerary is my favorite. More itineraries to come.
17 Big Island, Hawaii Things to Do: Your Road Trip Awaits
0. 00:00 Intro
1. 01:45 Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park
2. 01:50 Alula Beach
3. 02:10 Manini’owali Beach Park at Koa Bay
4. 02:42 Kikaua Point Beach Park
5. 04:00 Puako Petroglyph Park (Kohala Coast)
6. 04:19 Waimea Town (Parker Ranch) and Honoka’a Sugar Mill Town
7. 04:55 Akaka Falls (waterfall)
8. 05:17 Hilo Town
9. 05:29 Coconut Island, Hilo
10. 05:30 Rainbow Falls, Hilo (waterfall)
11. 05:37 Hawai’i Valcanoes National Park
12. 05:56 Punalu’u Black Sand Beach
13. 06:21 Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park (Place of Refuge)
14. 06:44 Kealakekua Bay National Historical Park
15. 06:58 Kona Coffee Farm Tour at Greenwell Farms
16. 08:01 Holualoa Town (Kona Coffee Country)
17. 08:12 Kona Blue Sky Coffee Roasting Tour
Hawaii will open someday, so be prepared!
Sign-up for thehawaiivacationguide.com/openupdates. Want to know what is opening and when? This newsletter gives you Hawaii opening updates so you can start planning your family’s Hawaii vacation.
Stay informed so you know what to expect on your Hawaii vacation.
Mahalo for watching our Hawaii family #travelvlog.
Click Subscribe to get notified on more Hawaii Opens Updates and our adventures and tips on traveling to Hawaii (plus subscribing helps us out!).
Follow us on Instagram for behind the scenes content: @thehawaiivacationguide https://www.instagram.com/thehawaiivacationguide/
Sign up for our Hawaii Opens Update email here – https://thehawaiivacationguide.com/openupdates/
Here’s Erica’s FREE One Week Maui Itinerary with Kids – https://thehawaiivacationguide.com/the-best-adults-only-resorts-in-hawaii/
We also love to share our FREE 5-Day Oahu Itinerary – https://thehawaiivacationguide.com/5-day-oahu-itinerary/
The Best Hawaiian Island for First-Timers video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niOXH…
Lahaina, Maui Ghost Town Bike Ride (April 3rd, 2020) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPiZL…
Where to Stay in Hawaii: Hotels vs Vacation Rentals – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgg_4…