1964 Olympic Memory
1964 Tokyo olympic
1) The opening ceremony was held on October 10th, 1964
2) Olympic cauldron lit by Yoshinori Sakai who was born on the day of the Hiroshima Bombing.
3) The first Olympic Games to be held in ASIA.
4) The first games to be broadcast live internationally.
5) JUDO and Women’s Volleyball were introduced for the first time (1:28 Gold Medal Match)
6) Abebe bikila [eth] became the first athlete in history to win the marathon twice.
7) the most successful athlete of the games was don schollander [USA].